Andhra Pradesh is one of the 29 states and territories of India. It is located in the south-eastern part of the country. The state is bordered by Telangana, Odisha, and Karnataka. Andhra Pradesh was formed on November 1st 1953 as a result of the States Reorganisation Act in 1956. However, since that time it has undergone major political changes as well as socio-economic upheavals due to various factors.
Why is November 1 celebrated as Formation Day?
The date that AP was formed, i.e. 01-11-1953, makes it the only state that observes formation day in the same month and year. In other states, the formation day is observed on the date of joining the Union.
Importance of Andhra Pradesh Formation Day
The formation of Andhra Pradesh is a significant event in the history of India. The formation of the state was a major socio-political event in South India’s history, which brought about enormous socio-economic changes, and the course of the history of the region. The formation of Andhra Pradesh also marked the unification of Telugu-speaking people, which had been divided into three regions. The formation of AP was a major event in the reorganization of India’s states, as it involved the largest number of people at that time.
Events on Andhra Pradesh Formation Day
The State celebrates the day with various events such as,
– Government observes the day by organizing seminars, lectures, and exhibitions, as well as book releases on various aspects of development.
– Cultural programs include dance, drama, music, poetry reading, and exhibitions of paintings, murals, and posters.
– The Chief Minister awards the best performing districts and villages, as well as individuals for their commendable work or service to society.
Celebrations on Andhra Pradesh Formation Day
– The day is also celebrated by other sociocultural organizations, educational institutions, and organizations.
– Political parties organize meetings and rallies to express their gratitude to the people of the state and to highlight their achievements.
– The government also provides financial assistance to students of the state to visit museums and art galleries.
These events describe how the people of Andhra Pradesh celebrate the formation day on Nov 1st.